Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Oh My God!

Wow! I volunteered to be the preschool leader for vacation bible school at our church. Oh my goodness what a job! I thought that since one of the kids would be my own, I could do this. Ha! I am humbled by preschool teachers. I do not know how they do it.

Last night, I had 7 preschoolers to watch over for 2 1/2 hours and it just about brought me to my knees. I had a couple of girls from the youth helping me and those poor girls didn't know what hit them. They looked absolutely frazzled by the end of the night. Like I told them, it was good birth control. See what happens when ya'll fool around. You eventually get a three-year-old!!! I do believe they are not going to have sex until they are 30!

There was one little boy named Dawson who I really wanted to kick out of bible school! He had me running all over the church after him. At one point, when we were supposed to be singing and dancing in the sanctuary, he was climbing on top of the piano and grabbed the microphone pretending to be a rock star! Sigh. And I think he broke the microphone. I swear, he made my little hellion look like an angel.

Anyway, wish me luck as I go back tonight. It lasts until Friday night. It is going to be a very long week!

1 comment:

Not Me's Mom said...

HA, HA :) Welcome to my world...it's not an easy thing to keep all of them "on task" is it?! LOL As for Dawson, it HAS to be the name...there was one we had this year that still makes my head ache just thinking of him!! Thanks for the giggle today! :) My prayers are with you for tonight LOL