Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, August 06, 2007

The Bullet

There is nothing like getting a phone call from your doctor with the words "the doctor found something in your left breast and we need additional mammogram views. When would you like to schedule an appointment to get another mammogram done?" Those words can put dread and fear into you like nothing else. And those are the words that I received two weeks ago. And the soonest they could get me in for the additional-very-powerful-all-digital-can-see-any-little-speck-of-something-wrong-mammogram was last Friday. I had to go to the hospital because of their super duper machine there, as opposed to the not-so-super-duper machine at the doctor's office where I had the first one done. They even had my previous films on the wall with the "problem area" marked out for the tech to zero in on. Of course she could not give me any information or clues as to what she saw. Talk about aggravating.

While I was at the hospital, I was talking to another lady who was called back for "additional views" also and she was not handling it very well. She was breaking down crying right in front of me. I felt really sorry for her, because I know only too well what she was going through. I hope she got good news today.

But after calling the doctor bright and early this morning, I was given the all-clear. There was no abnormalities at all in my left breast, which by the way produced hardly any milk when I needed it to. After hearing the news, I feel like about 3 tons of weight has been lifted off my shoulders and can actually breath normally for the first time in two weeks. The bullet has been dodged...this time.

I just wonder, however, do these doctors have any idea what they put us through when they do this?

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh Dawn, I'm glad it all turned out to be fine. I can't imagine having that over your head for the past two weeks. Doctors should not be allowed to do that!

Jack's Mom said...

Thanks Carolyn, yeah it was a tough two weeks. I kept trying to forget it, but it just loomed over like a dark cloud.

Not Me's Mom said...

I'm so glad to know everything is ok! Your mind must have been racing with every thought imaginable!! I know I would have been "what if'ing" myself to death...