Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, August 10, 2007

Is It Wrong?

Is it wrong to let Jack trash his bathroom by letting him play in the water just so I can have 30 minutes of "me" time?

Jack's favorite activity as of late seems to be playing in the water. He will take about 250 toys into his bathroom, use the toilet to get himself up on the counter and proceed to get water all over the bathroom, all in the name of playing. And when I say all over, I mean down the sink onto the floor, on the door, on the ceiling and soaking his rug. And the thing is, I let him do it, just so I can get something done. You know something important, like looking online for new window treatments for my bedroom.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Not wrong at all. I let Brandon pull apart, one by one, an entire pack of post-it notes and stick them all over the place one day so I could do something. Alan started freaking out ("He's wasting those!") and I said "Leave him alone! He is happy and so am I!" :)

Claire said...

Dude! This is Jacob's favorite thing to do -- standing on the potty to play in the bathroom sink. He gets so wet, the floor gets so wet. And I am such a naughty mommy because half the time I pry him off the potty seat because I'm afraid he'll fall, and the other half I let him do it because it's keeping him from screaming his head off.

But, like you said, sometimes you gotta have a break!