Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Met The Teacher and Other Fun Times

Jack's new teacher, Miss Brianna, came to the house yesterday for the "home visit". She was exactly as I expected, she did not raise my expectations any further. She was cool and reserved, but also friendly. I do think a lot of her problem is that she is shy and doesn't know how to express herself very well. So we are going to give her a chance.

She brought Jack the new t-shirt that he is to wear on Thursdays to chapel, which he thought was really neat. She also brought him a small bible that he also is supposed to take to chapel every week. And the boy absolutely LOVES it. He loves his bible so much, that he had to take it to bed with him last night and fall asleep with it. I asked him whose book is the bible and he answered me "Jesus's book". So I think he understands.

So I am entirely stoked about the upcoming school year and can't wait for it to finally get here. He starts back on September 4th and I already have all the important dates written on the calendar.

In other news, it seems that broken down refrigerator is really completely dead. The freezer side is not working either and while it is still freezing in there, the temp keeps going up daily. And of course, we have to wait until Monday before the repair guy can get here from the land of "no real people" at the GE service center. I have been using my neighbor's refrigerator to keep our milk because they are away on vacation and I have a key to their house to look after things.

The fun times just keep coming here at the Jackaroo house!

No comments: