Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend Recap

Well it looks like Dean will not be coming our way, although we are still watching closely and are ready to run north if need be. I feel bad for those who are in its way and will be praying for those folks. It is no fun to be under the fear of hurricanes, I am learning.

This weekend was fun. On Saturday, we met the part of the family in Hattiesburg and had lunch. Our niece is starting her freshman year at Southern Miss in Hattiesburg. I think her mother, Jim's sister Carla, is not handling the separation from her baby. From what I hear many tears have been shed by Carla. I wonder how I am going to handle that in 15 years?

Yesterday was a full day with church and then meeting Kyle and his mother at the waterpark for some fun in the very hot sun. I am so done with the fun in the hot sun right now. Summer can be over for the year as far as I am concerned. Of course Jack and Kyle had fun while I got to do some girl talk with Jennifer. But I do believe that was the last waterpark visit this year. They are only opened a couple more weekends and to be honest, I just am not into splashing as I was back in May. Bring on the cool weather! Unfortunately, the cool weather around here just doesn't start until November!

Oh and very soon, we can look forward to the love bug invasion. They were here last year when we were moving into our house, and I just remember the swarms upon swarms and really and truly wondering why we were moving to this place. No, I do not like those love bugs! They are nasty, very nasty little creatures. And I didn't even know they existed until last year!

No comments: