Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The First Time


Jack had his very first dentist appointment this morning. I am SO PROUD of him. He did so good. I was quite amazed at just how good he was. First off, the place is totally geared for kids. He is a pediatric dentist and it is a very fun place with a huge mural of fishies on the wall. When you walk in the back, they have all the tables arranged in a circle with tvs installed in the ceiling for each table! How cool is that?
They started off with xrays and he did good for the first two, but did NOT like the ones in the back and kept spitting them out, so we settled for just two pictures. Then he went over to the table and he got to pick out which color table he wanted. Of course, he picked orange (his favorite color ya know). He did really well with the whole procedure and let the hygienist clean his teeth and even floss. I was told that I should be starting to floss his teeth, especially the back molars. Um yeah okay. Do they pay for my fingers that are going to be bitten off?
The dentist did the exam and he said everything looks perfect. He has all of his baby teeth in and they are spaced really nice and even. If he keeps this up with his big teeth, it will mean no braces! Yahoo! Save a small fortune there. He also had no cavities.
After it was all done, they gave him a new Diego toothbrush, new toothpaste, a pencil and he got to pick a toy from the treasure chest. He was so proud of all his new stuff. I can say that his early childhood dentistry is going to be sooooo much better than mine ever was. I had Dr. Dodge, who did not believe in Novocaine to fill cavities! I probably had five cavities filled with no Novodaine whatsoever. I was literally in college the first time I had Novocaine! And he was sooo old, he had shaking hands and I would call his technique the OPPOSITE of gentle! I was so happy when I heard he died hehe. Is that wrong? Anyway, I am just very happy that Jack doesn't have to go through that and maybe he will have a better outlook on going to the dentist than I do!

1 comment:

Not Me's Mom said...

Hey, Jack & I went to the dentist on the same day!!! Except I got a crown...& not one for my head either!!!