Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Experiment

Yeah so on Tuesday, we hosted a little get together with our neighbors. Jim is trying to get certified in field sobriety testing and he needs to test random people who have been drinking. He needs to do 30 tests to get his final certification. And well he decided to host a little "lets get drunk" party so he could test us all. And I learned a few things from that experience.

1. It is really scary how drunk you have to be to be "legally" drunk. I was first tested after 2 margaritas and 2 Bailey's. I would not have driven at that point, but he gave me the test. Made me walk the line and stand on one foot while counting (that is hard for me while sober). Then I blew into his intoxilizer and only blew a .025! He would not have arrested me and I thought that I had a good buzz going.

So to make a long story short, I wanted to see how drunk is too drunk and proceeded to drink some more. An hour later, there was absolutely no way I could walk the line nor stand on one foot. In fact, having six people stand there laughing their a$$s off, made me get the giggles so hard, I was basically useless for doing any of the field testing. Then he made me blow into the thingy again (just realized that sounded perverted hehe) and I blew a .092. Yes, folks I was legally drunk, but just barely. And that is scary because I was so far gone, there was no way I could get behind a wheel.

Our neighbors who were drinking straight shots for awhile, only blew .05 and they admitted that they were too drunk to drive at that time, but still that was below the legal limit. I just have to say that it is scary when Jim says he picks up people with a .24!!

2. My other observation is that partying at the age of 40 is a lot harder than oh say 20 or 30. Seriously people, I haven't drank like that in about 10 years or so and to say that I was sick yesterday would be the biggest understatement of the year. Never again will I be a guinea pig for Jim's career like that. Oh my gosh! I think I threw up my lungs along the way. And even today, I am still not back to normal. Dry toast for me this morning!!

So there you have it. To sum it all up: Legally drunk is drunk! And 40 is way too old to drink like that!

3 comments:

Not Me's Mom said...

I've booked my flight down to help Jim's cause!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

What is the legal limit?

Maybe I'll move down!!!!! LOL LOL...which by the way, sounds like you were not having any problems in that area!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is: Giggle.

-LGirl- said...

LMAO!Sounds like fun actually. Is the booze tax deductible?

As far as I am concerned there should be no tolerance for any alcohol consumption before driving.