Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, September 07, 2007

What a Week ... Phew

What a week we have had here at the Jackaroo World. Let me just try to numerate what was going on this week.

1. I was trying to get over the cold/crud from the weekend.

2. Trying to figure out Jack's school issues and finally settling on the school close to home. Getting him all enrolled and settled there. Calling his old school to notify him that he wouldn't be going back there. I didn't go into any reasons. I just didn't want to deal with it all at the time.

3. Started to take care of baby Andrew this week. Trying to figure out how to deal with a newborn again and with a three-year-old at the same time. Bottles everywhere in the house! And 10 diaper changes a day! Egads!

4. Trying to outfit Jack for the new school in the proper "uniform" colors (blue, white, khaki). And then getting a notice the second day that he is supposed to wear a red shirt the next day because of some picture they are doing for the yearbook (I guess all the kids were in the shape of a star or something to that effect). I had to make an 8:30 pm run to the store (after a 12 hour day with baby Andrew) to go get the required red shirt since the only red shirt he owned was a t-shirt with dinosaurs (big no-no).

5. Having a three-hour root canal performed yesterday. Fun times there.

Thankfully Jim was a huge help to me this week taking Jack to school every morning and dealing with him yesterday after my root canal. Thanks Honey.

But I did have a good ending to the week when Jack came home from school with his backpack full of goodies he did over the week. And I have to brag that my son got a smiley face sticker today because he was a good boy at school. Made my day right there. But now if you will excuse me, I am gonna go crash for the night while the boy watches Curious George. Night Night.

No comments: