Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, September 07, 2007

Root Canal Aftermath

Well I had the dreaded root canal yesterday. I do have to say that it wasn't as bad as I had imagined it to be. I must have gotten some pretty good numbing stuff because I really did not feel anything much other than a lot of pressure. However that drill sound is enough to drive you crazy and think you are feeling something when you really are not. Ewwww. I didn't think that it was going to take over three hours to complete and let me tell you three hours in a dentist chair is really not comfortable at all. My back hurt worse than my tooth.

So now I have a new temporary crown on the remaining stub of my tooth. It is my first crown and it does feel weird. Oh and this morning when I tried to bite into an english muffin was not fun at all. In fact, it hurt so bad, my eyes started to water up and felt faint for a second. Yeah not going to be chewing much today, I can tell you that much. I decided yogurt was a better breakfast after all. But all in all not that bad of an experience. It isn't something that I would want to do everyday, but not the pain torture that I thought it was going to be. It was not anywhere near as bad as when I was 16 and had my wisdom teeth dug out. Now that pretty much ruined my 16th summer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I heard a lot of people say that the root canal procedure is the most painful, so I was terrified of having it done. But after the numbing shots and drilling, it's really not that bad. My new dentist in Nashua did a good job. I was very happy that the Nashua area family dentistry I went into was known to provide excellent dental services and treatments.