Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 23, 2007

One of Those Days

I can not believe how bad the boy has been today. You know there are days when you just want to run from the house screaming? Yeah that was me today.

It all started out early this morning right after Jim got home from work. Jack had a couple of small cars that belonged to another little boy who was here Friday night. I told him that we would have to give them back when we went to church today, but he didn't like that answer. Then he went to his room and brought out a baby bottle belonging to Baby Andrew. I got mad at him and told him to give me the bottle and the cars, but instead he took off for his room, running down the hallway. Jim yelled after him to stop, but we were met with the sound of the door being slammed and locked! Jim said "oh no he didn't just do that" and used the little key to open the room. I rounded the corner to see Jack getting the spanking of his life and I took back the bottle and the cars. I then just walked out of the room because I really did not want to deal with the boy at that moment.

Now you would think that after the spanking of his life, he would have straightened up. Ha! Nope. He has been on my last nerve all day long with the not listening to me, the whining, saying "NO" to me, and basically being a little brat. And yes, he has had a couple more spankings today. This kid is gonna kill me!

On a brighter note, my neighbors brought their baby home today and she is absolutely beautiful. My other neighbor and I decorated her house and put a big banner saying "Its a girl" on their garage. And to say that Erin and Ben are glowing would be a huge understatement. It has been a week from hell for them and I sure hope that it goes much smoother for them from now on.

Ahhh I remember when Jack was a sweet baby. Now he is just a pain in my rear end today!

5 comments:

-LGirl- said...

Two words- Full Moon.

Our house goes nutso every full moon. Watch out for them.

Erin said...

Hugs!! I've SO had those days... :( Hope things are improving!!

Housemaster said...

Spirited boys can certainly be a trial, but you are using loving and consistent disciplne - including spanking - and I do not doubt that he will grow into a fine young man.

Erin said...

Whoa.... WTF was THAT comment? (Dawn, did you click that link?)

Jack's Mom said...

Uh yeah I did. Talk about scary and disturbed! Wow!