Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sickening

It happened again. Right here. A 9-month-old baby died in the backseat of an SUV a few days ago. The father was supposed drop the baby off at daycare, but instead forgot and went to work at the bank. I guess the baby was trapped in the car from 9 am until 4pm! And the sickening part of all this? I drove right by that car four times that day! I was in that area that day and had no idea that a poor helpless baby was dying right there. Nauseating to say the least. I am sorry, but there is no excuse for forgetting your baby!

On another note, I skipped church today. I have been fighting the crud and it has been fighting back. This stuff has knocked me on my butt with the latest wonderful symptoms being throwing up and diarrhea. Yay! Jack and Jim are out doing stuff together so I could have the house to myself. But I have basically been going from bed to couch and back to bed again all morning long, with side trips to the bathroom. Exciting stuff.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I just don't understand how people can "forget" about having your child in the car with you!!! How very sad....

I hope your feeling better soon...