Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, September 21, 2007

I need to learn the word No

Yeah so I am a bit tired at the moment. It has been one whirlwind of a day. I started out bright and early right after Jack went to school by cleaning my house. I had to do the cleaning early because a) Jack was gone and b) I didn't have Andrew yet. I was able to finish around 11:00, right when Andrew was getting dropped off. He went to his 2-month doctor visit and got the shots and was sleeping.

So then I jumped in the car to pick up Jack from school. I had promised him that if he got a smiley face today at school (he has received two "mean" faces this week) then we could go to Chick-fil-a (they have the best playland in town). He got a smiley face and we went to Chick-fil-a. Andrew was still sleeping, so all was well. Jack played for about an hour. Had a great time.

Then I made the mistake of going to Walmart. See previous post.

Then Andrew woke up on the way home and started screaming and he really didn't stop screaming for more than a few minutes for the next three hours. Fun times.

Then I told our small group from church that I would host the small group tonight at my house, which is 7 couples and about a gazillion kids (give or take). So in between Andrew screams, I made chicken enchiladas and got the house ready for all the company. They just left and I am tired. I really need to learn to say no every now and then ya know.

Oh and that horrible, horrendous storm that we were supposed to get? Yeah nothing, nada. It went to Florida and was nothing at all. But let me tell you, this area was prepared. Jim said they even added a bunch more police officers tonight. All for nothing.

No comments: