Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Principal's Office

It only took less than three weeks and I already had a call from Jack's Principal. That's right folks, I got a phone call this morning from the Principal's office telling me that Jack bit another little boy today. I honestly didn't know what to say to the woman because I was so stunned. He is normally a very sweet child, but here was this woman telling me that he, for no apparent reason, bit another little boy. I guess they were sitting in the classroom listening to Ms. Nix read a story and he just decided to turn around and bite a little boy named Jaxson. I am sure there is more to the story and I am sure that it wasn't totally unprovoked, but in the teacher's eyes, it was. So, my child at the age of three was sent to the Principal's office. There was a little pink slip in his folder explaining the details that I have to sign and send back. Aye Aye Aye. Is this just an omen of what's to come?

And I guess he also got a time out for not listening to the teacher when she told him to sit in his seat. He was climbing underneath the table! My child is the troublemaker?!? Needless to say that he did not get a smiley face in his folder today, which I think was more devastating to him than being sent to the Principal's office! Go figure. He keeps saying that he won't get a "mean" face tomorrow. I told him that if he did get a "mean" face tomorrow, I would take away all his trains and that prompted many tears of course.

We have had the talk about how you don't bite people no matter what and about listening to the teacher. He was crying pretty hard through it all, so maybe it sunk in a little bit. I am not sure what is going on with him lately. I don't know if having Baby Andrew around is affecting him and he is jealous, but he seems alright when the baby is here. And he always asks where the baby is when he is not here. Or is it just a "naughty" phase he is going through?

This parenting thing is hard ya'll.

3 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Oh dear.....my mouth is hanging wide open and yet I have BTDT, BUT not with a 3 year old....HOWEVER.....something tells me that Thing 2 could be a canidate for this as well!

-LGirl- said...

That's the tough part about school. You never do truly get the real story, just everyone's opinion. It's tough and it doesn't get easier, but you do get more used to it.
Jack seems like a quick study though I bet it doesn't happen again.

Carolyn said...

Oh Dawn, I have SO been where you are. I know exactly how you feel...and it is hard! Brandon has been sent to the office and put in time-out so often at school it is really not even funny. But I will tell you that for us it goes in stages. Right now, he is doing a super job. A month ago? Not even close. We did the same things like taking away toys, TV, treats, etc. for misbehaving at school. We also started a daily reward chart for him and one of the things on there was good behavior at school. That has REALLY helped.

Hang in there! They are still only three and are testing their limits. They are not doing anything that is not normal for their age.