Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Just Call Me Soccer Mom

Jack is going to be playing soccer for the local Y. He started soccer practice last night and from all the smiles and giggles, I take it that he was having a lot of fun. He has a really great coach who is great with the kids. One thing that Jack either couldn't grasp the concept or wasn't listening was not touching the ball. He kept picking up the ball and taking it where he thought was a good place to kick it into the goal. Of course the coach kept telling him and I kept telling him that you can't use your hands. But it was so cute to see a bunch of three-year-old little boys running around the field kicking soccer balls.

His "season" is only 4 games in October with weekly practices thrown in, so it was not a huge time investment. I know that if he really enjoys it, I will be standing out on the field many a day in the coming years. I went and bought him some shin guards and a cheap pair or cleats and he was soooo cute with them on. He kept walking around the house wearing his "uniform" and saying "I am a soccer star!" Too cute.

No comments: