Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Drama!

You can not get a bunch of women together in a group without drama and I do not understand why.

Ever since I quit my job, I have become active in the Mommies group of the city where I used to live, which is only about 20-30 minutes away from where I live now. Well I guess there has been some "talk" about me and other mothers who don't live within the city limits of this one town, that we don't belong in the group. I know that it is only 2 or 3 people out of 125 people who are stirring up the controversy, but it has me livid. I also have to say that the city that I live in now, is considered a "poorer, less desirable" city, even though my house is not in the "poorer" part of the city, just having the zip code is enough for *some* people to think less of you. Remember the 90210 zip code? Yeah, good old California snobs at work here.

My question to women in general - why the drama? Why can't women just support each other without having to tear each other down behind their backs? Why is status so important? Aren't we all mothers facing the same headaches and joys of raising children? I just don't understand it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't let those other women drive you and the others out who don't live in the "desired" areas of California. Hang in there the few "other moms."