Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Alright Alright!

Okay, so I got a phone call from Grammy today telling me, no INSTRUCTING me to get back on here and update her on her little Jack. So here I am.

Let's see, what have we been doing since Thursday. Um not much happened on Friday - just recooperating from the big playgroup party.

Last night we went to the local minor league baseball game. It was fun and for the money, you really can't beat the entertainment value. At $10/ticket and Jack being free, it really is good. Of course, Jack had a blast at the game. His big activity was flirting and showing off to every single person who happened to sit in our vicinity. In fact there was a young girl in her early 20s there with her boyfriend and boy did he show off to her. Jack entertained her more than the game. I am sure that she ended up telling her boyfriend later that she wants one "just like that". I was totally tempted to turn around and tell her that he isn't THAT cute all the time.

We stayed until the 7th inning stretch and it was almost 10:00 by then. We were all tired as that was the latest we have stayed up in a long time (sad, I know). But Jack sure was enthralled with the game and whole atmosphere of the ballpark. He wolfed down a hotdog and cracker jacks like an old pro. I am hoping that we can indoctrinate him into the baseball world and will become a world famous pitcher one day. Who knows, right? The boy has an arm on him already and is super strong. So strong, in fact, that I have a very hard time trying to get objects out of his little hands. And yes, I am looking forward to T-ball. Only 2 more years!

So that is the recap. No pictures of the game. I forgot my camera last night. But we plan to go again, so hopefully I will get pictures then.

Satisfied Grammy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Dawn Jack's Grandma is happy now.

Claire said...

Sounds like fun! We will have to do that with Isaac and his little bro this summer -- there is a minor league team only a few minutes down the road from us. Now to teach Isaac how to sit still on a bench...