Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, April 03, 2006

Hooray For Hollywood

We went to Hollywood yesterday for Laura's LAST cheer competition of the season. Can we all say Hooray! Of course, if she signs up again for another year, they will start all over in November.

This competition was actually held in the Kodak Theatre. The same place that the Oscars are held in. It was pretty neat to be in the theatre and to see it because it really is a beautiful theatre. I actually did not realize how big the whole theatre complex was. It is not just a theatre, but has this whole shopping complex with about 100 escalators running everywhere. Of course there is shopping, it is LA afterall right? Oh yeah and it is right across the street from where they tape Jimmy Kimmel Live, which is where Erin's brother, Brandon, is going to be on Tuesday night. Check it out and set your DVRs. Way Cool.

But in all honesty, I truly do not know why people WANT to live in LA or Hollywood. It is dirty, crowded, too much traffic, and the people are rude and snobby. But to each their own I guess.

The place was packed for the competition. It was a madhouse. We only saw Laura about 20 seconds the whole day. Her team got 5th place. The other team from her gym got first in their division. There was an incident involving her mother that left Jim spouting swear words and other not-so-nice words about her and left me just shaking my head in disbelief. The woman is unbelievably selfish.

Jack did really well. There were plenty of females for him to flirt with. At one point, the boy leaned over the back of the chair and started flirting with the two cheerleaders in front of us. He even blew them a kiss! I asked him if he got their phone number. That boy. Seriously, people we are going to have to lock him up or send him to an all boys school!

We had a good weekend. On Saturday we had some friends over and we played Settlers of Catan. If you haven't played that game yet, it is really fun and easy. I highly recommend it.

This whole weekend has been screwed up for me. With Jim home on Friday, it felt like it was Saturday on Friday and then Saturday was Sunday and well yesterday was just plain weird with the time change and all. Sunday just didn't have a name to it. Weird Weird Weird.

Today, I plan to start the weekly stroller power walk with the Mommy's group I belong to. They say they walk about 3-4 miles every Monday. To be honest, I was kinda wishing it would rain so I could get out of it, but no, no rain yet. So I will go.

No comments: