Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Money and Jealousy

Despite the pouring down rain yesterday, I went to the clothing exchange with the other mothers. Supposedly 26 mothers were coming to shop/sell clothes and toys, but as it turned out only about 10 showed up. Probably due to the rain. But I managed to sell all of the toys I brought with me and some clothes and walked out $72 richer. Not too bad. I still have two very large totes full of clothes. I think I am going to check out the local consignment store and see if they want them. I also still have the baby carriers that never were used and the baby bathtub that was used like 2 months tops. I tell ya, the things we buy and never ever use when we are having a baby. There really should be experienced mothers in the aisles of Babies R Us to stop us first time mothers from buying the stupid stuff. Really. Seriously.

I experienced a side of Jack yesterday that I never have seen before. One of the other mothers asked me to hold her 9-month-old son for a few minutes while she went to get something from her car. On a sidenote, oh my gosh are 9-month babies light compared to my big 30+ lb kid who is constantly saying "hold babies" and wants to me to hold him all the time. Oy and I remember thinking Jack was heavy THEN.

Anyway, so I was holding this cute little boy whose name just happened to be Jack also and coo-cooing with him and MY Jack sees this from across the room and screams a big NOOOOOOOO and runs over to me and wants me to pick HIM up. Can you say just a tad bit of jealousy involved? So I get down on my knees and hug him and he starts to push the other little boy away! I really was stunned that he would react like he did. Of course, I told him that was not nice and scolded him for his behavior. But, somewhere inside me was happy that he felt like that and that HE was MY little boy and for a little while longer, I am the most important person to him.

2 comments:

RB said...

Sounds like yall had a good time. And yes, I love when they want hugs from mama!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you Dawn!!!!