Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 27, 2006

What Was The Name of That Hurricane?

Oh yeah it was called Toddler madness! Well we survived our first hosted playgroup and it was a lot of fun - and work. Jack was sooooo excited this morning. I told him that his friends were coming over and he plopped himself in front of the window waiting for them. And when the first showed up, he yelled out "Sammy" (the little boy's name) and ran to the door to let them in. And then he was just the perfect little host sharing his toys with everybody.

There were *only* 11 mothers and 13 toddlers show up. It was mass chaos everywhere. Of course the boys were pretty much enthralled with the train table, which became totally decimated by the end. All the tracks were taken apart and strung all over the house - Fun! And then the boys wanted to go outside with all the choo choos, but I nixed that idea afraid that those little expensive trains would somehow get thrown across the fence or something.

But I think everybody had a good time. They were here for about 3 hours and afterward Jack went down for a nice, long nap. Yay! Of course, I spent a good portion of said nap cleaning up and still not done.

I will post pictures in a bit. I took a few, but I know other mothers had cameras as well and probably took much better pictures. So I will wait until they post them on the webpage and then post them here.

Phew! Now excuse me while I go and try to reassemble a train table. If only I could find those stupid instructions on how to do it.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Glad you survived!