Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Happy Spring Cleaning Day

Like Rabbit who declared Easter to be Spring Cleaning Day in the movie Springtime with Roo, I too declared yesterday Spring Cleaning Day. For about 8 hours straight, I cleaned this house from top to bottom. I even cleaned the carpets and let me tell you the filth that came out of these carpets was downright gross. Makes me seriously consider hardwood floors all over the place. But as always, I did not get everything done that I wanted to do. For instance, I didn't even touch our bedroom or bathroom, nor Jack's room.

Jack's room really needs an overhaul. And he is still in the crib and the toddler bed is still sitting there with no mattress on it. I haven't even tried to get him to sleep in the toddler bed for quite some time now. And the main reason is purely selfish on my part - I just don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get him to stay in bed. He sleeps so well in the crib and I can control him when he is in the cage, err crib. I guess I am just too lazy to deal with the whole thing right now. Kinda like the potty training thing. I really don't want to do that people. I just seems like so much work and hassle. Can't we just do diapers until one day he looks at me and says "Mom, I don't need them anymore"? Sound good?

I don't think I will get much cleaning done today because I don't have Laura here as a babysitter. Thanks to her big sister babysitting ways, I was able to accomplish all that yesterday. Yeah, I know an opportunity when I see one.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'm trying to do a little Spring Cleaning myself today...preparing to move everything out of the apartment and into the house in a couple weeks!

Oh, and I'm right there with you on the toddler bed and potty training. We have held off getting a toddler bed until we move, but I'm not really looking forward to it because Brandon also sleeps so well in the crib. And potty training...I'm kind of hoping daycare will step in on that one. We have a little potty here for him and he sits on it sometimes but we aren't really pushing it.

Erin said...

I am with you on the potty training... NO rush to start that over here.