Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, April 14, 2006

Playdates are Exhausting!

We just got back from the playdate today. Laura was with us today and she was such a big help. The mother that hosted the playdate was pretty funny. She is a really sweet woman, but you can just tell that she thrives on structure. She had a Mommy and Me cd and was trying to get the kids to follow along and do the different activities and dances. But, as we all know, toddlers just want to do what they want to do and to hell with the structure. I could tell she was getting very frustrated and finally I just had to say let the kids do their own thing. There were 6 toddlers there and well one wanted to dance, the other wanted to play with the tamborine, and my kid just wanted to play with the fire trucks and cars and did not care one bit about dancing in a circle.

But it was a very fun time. She has a big backyard with one of those really nice $3000 play structures. It had a climbing wall, fort, big slide, and swings. Of course, my little monkey was climbing up the climbing wall like it was nothing and flying down the slide again and again. There was another little boy who was terrified to slide down and Jack was behind him trying to push him down so he could take his turn!

I volunteered to host a playdate in a couple of weeks. But, to be honest, I am a little ashamed by Jack's toy collection. Compared to the other kid's toys, Jack has like nothing. And I thought he had a lot! I mean they had 5 ride-on toys alone - for one little boy!

We are now home and BOTH kids are napping. It started to rain right after we left, so it is a nice day to stay inside to do nothing. However, I really should be cleaning my filthy kitchen (seriously, my kitchen floor is really gross) and doing the laundry so that we have something to wear tomorrow. But I think I will take this opportunity to watch what I want to watch on tv.

No comments: