Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, June 24, 2005

5 Things that I miss from my childhood

Another tag game. This one is pretty cool and makes you kind of think. I was tagged by Jane. So here goes.

1. I miss being able to walk to the corner store all by myself when I was about 4 years old. I miss the "neighborly" feeling where neighbors watch out for other neighbors, especially the kids. I miss the not knowing there are boogeymen on every street corner ready to harm kids.

2. I miss the carefree days of summer. Washing the car in the yard. Running through the sprinklers and not think that it is freezing. Going for a bike ride. Laying in the sun (before the skin cancer warnings). Just not having a lot of responsibilities.

3. I miss the road trips my family used to take. It was back in the days when seat belts were laughed at and I had the entire back seat to myself. I miss going swimming in the motels we stayed at every night. I would have to go swimming no matter what even if it was raining, hailing, tornado or whatever. I was going swimming.

4. I miss the ice cream truck coming by and going running, hoping not to miss it. When we moved to the country, I really missed it because they don't go out to the boonies.

5. I miss the total feeling of excitment on the first day of school. The nervous feeling in your stomach, wearing new clothes. I also miss the feeling of freedom on the last day of school.

Okay, now I gotta tag some people. Carolyn, Liesl, and Cooper's Daddy

No comments: