Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, June 20, 2005

The Mommy Job

The whining, the crying, the screaming! Will it ever end? Heavens to Betsy, the Mommy job has been a bit rough the last few days. I know that Jack has been just plain miserable. He has the strep throat, which I know is horrible. But on top of that, he has a really bad cold now. His eyes are constantly watering, the snizzing, the coughing all add up to one very UNHAPPY boy! And throw in one miserable Mommy. I have tried to be patient and hold him and cuddle him, but when the whining and crying go on for hours, Mommy becomes very cranky herself. He has been sick since Thursday and that means that we can not go out and we are stuck at home. And that means that I have a 9-year-old girl who is bored out of her mind also. Yesterday, Laura and I tried to venture out to Target with Jack in tow. Boy oh boy was that a mistake. He cried, whined, and screamed (yes all 3) all the time we were in the store. We were there for a total of 5 minutes before I wanted to start crying, whining, and screaming myself (yes all 3). And Jim has been working super long hours so not a whole lot of help from that area. I know that he would help if he could, but having a job is important also (that mortgage thing and all). I am again off work today, so I haven't been much help in the income dept, however I think right now work would be a pleasure!

Laura and friends started a lemonade stand out front of our house and they are having a blast right now. Of course, I am going through the Crystal Light Lemonade like crazy, but they are having fun and making money! I think they have made about $10 so far at 50 cents a glass. It is so cute because they all have plans on how they are going to split their profits. I will post pictures of the lemonade venture later.

I tell you though, I truly feel like a Mom today. Earlier one of Laura's friends came in with a scraped elbow from falling on the sidewalk and wanting me to "fix" it. I looked at her like you want me to fix it? But then I realized that I was the Mom and it was my job. So out came the bandaids and Neosporin and little comfort and it was all "fixed". And she went back to the lemonade stand all happy. I guess the Mommy Job isn't so bad all the time.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I surprise myself, too when those "oh, yea, I'm the mom." moments arise.