Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, June 27, 2005

Not a whole lot of talking going on

My throat hurts! If I could scream it, I would. Laura and I are in the middle of the strep throat thing. She has a fever that she can't get rid of and I have a throat that is so raw, I want to rip it out. So because of this, she and I are basically two lumps in front of the tv. Problem is, I let her pick out the shows, and I swear that we have watched 52 episodes of SpongeBob Squarepants and the Fairly Odd Parents. I just know somewhere that these shows are used for torture techniques somewhere. Right now the Amanda Show is on. Just shoot me now!

So in other news, we have a new member to our family. This one is of the furry four-legged variety. Jim went to the store to get more drugs for Laura and I yesterday and came home with this little kitten. I guess he saw her on the side of the road all by herself and was probably abandoned or something. So he picked her up and brought her home. Of course, Laura perked right up when she saw the kitten and begged and begged and did I say beg that we keep it. She was lucky that I was sick, because it has been my motto "No More Animals". She caught me at weak moment and I am sure that I will live to regret it. But I have to admit, it is pretty cute. We are calling her Sassy Cat because she will walk right up to you and start sassing you in your face. So that means we now have 4 animals living in this house! Two dachshunds who think that pooping in the house every few days is okay, a cat who brings in critters, alive or dead, to snack on or just play with and now this latest kitten. Yep, this is indeed one very crazy and insane house.

No comments: