Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 05, 2005

We celebrate 15 months of Jackaroo by...

buying a new car! Yep, yesterday we traded in Jim's little crappy Chevy Metro for a new Chevy Cobalt. Since he drives like a gazillion and one miles a day for work, we needed a cheap, gas-saving car. And the Cobalt fit the bill. Of course, the actual act of buying a car is not so fun. We were there for almost 5 hours and I have to admit that Jack did really well. We did have Laura with us and she helped keep Jack busy. As we were leaving, the receptionist said to me that she couldn't believe how well behaved my baby was. Of course, I puffed up with pride.

Speaking of Jack, he turns 15 months today. I was thinking back about 2 years ago when I found out I was pregnant and how far we have come since then. Wow!

At 15 months, Jack is such a busy boy. He walks all over the house now and because of this increased mobility, you just never know what you will find where. Like the other day, he got the scotch tape off the desk and was walking around with it in his hand. And where did I find it? In our bed later that night. If you see something in some strange place, you can pretty much bet that Jackaroo had something to do with it.

He is learning to count. I will say one and he will say one and lift his "one" finger. He will then say two and three. Such a smart boy.

He loves his sister. He is now saying "Sissy". The other day he walked into her room and said "Hi Sissy" but she wasn't here. He started to cry when he realized that she wasn't there. I really think they are going to be close.

He also will eat any fruit there is. Daddy and Jack will share an orange just about everyday. It is a special Daddy and Jack time. Jim gave him almost a whole apple one day and he walked around chewing on that for about an hour. He ate almost the whole thing! Grapes, strawberries, cantalope, honeydew, watermelon are all on the top of the favorite list.

Last night, Jim grilled steaks and I can definitely say that Jack is not a vegetarian. He gobbled up those pieces of steak so fast! He also loves hotdogs and within 3 blinks of the eye, this kid can down a hotdog. Really, it is quite amazing how he can eat. He also snacks on animal crackers and raisins.

I also have to announce that my kid is the real-life Pigpen from Peanuts. You laugh, but seriously it is true. Dirt just lands on him like some type of magnet. I was watching him yesterday and he was just getting dirtier and dirtier by the minute. By the time we left the car dealership, the kid had black hands, his face had some mysterious dirt and grime and somehow his hair got some type of goo that I really don't want to find out what or where he received that from. And does he care that he was a walking dirt magnet? Nope not in the least. He was a happy little boy with all the dirt. He was so dirty in fact that the bath water last night instantly turned blacker than black. The only time and I mean the ONLY time he is clean is for about 10 minutes right after his bath. He is 100% boy.

But all in all he is a very happy little toddler. His little laugh can brighten your whole day. And to see him learning new things everyday is quite amazing. I am always in awe of just how much he has learned in the short time he has been in existence. He has become our Jackaroo that we love so much.

No comments: