Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, June 17, 2005

It was supposed to be a well baby checkup

Today was Jack's appointment with the doctor for his 15 month checkup. However, it turned out that the fever that got me out of work yesterday is actually strep throat! Poor little thing has a bright red throat. Last night he was up many times crying and between the hours of 1:30 and 3:00 am I was up with him trying to console him. He had a fever of 103 last night and we just got home from the doctor and he has 104 right now. So he is a very very sick little boy. I feel so bad because I wasn't thinking he was that sick and now to find out that he has strep throat. Oh yeah and he is very contagious right now so you all know what that means. Yep in about a week, I will probably have it also. Yay! I knew that feeling good thing couldn't last long. So I called his daycare and told her about him having strep and being contagious and to watch the other kids.

But we did get some stats on Jack while we were at the doctor. He weighs almost 26 lbs and is 33 inches long now! He is in the 87% percentile for height and about 60% percentile for weight. His head size was running in the 25% percentile for weight, but he has now moved up to average. Amazing how he has grown. That means he has grown almost 3 inches in the last three months! Now I know why his pants don't fit him.

Well Jack is now asleep, so I think I will try to fit in a few zzz's myself. I can feel another long night ahead tonight.

No comments: