Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Earthquake Part 2

Ayep we had another earthquake today. It was at 2 pm today and I happen to be at home with a sick Jack (fever had to leave work, oh darn, and pick him up. He's still has the fever but is playing so I am not too concerned.) Anyway, I was home and Jack was taking a nap and I decided to steal a bit of a nap myself. Jim was home also and watching tv. So I wake up because Jack woke up from his nap and started to cry and about 30 seconds later, I felt the house move. I thought "here we go again". I get up and see Jim walking out of Jack's room with Jack in his arms and acting like nothing has happened. I said "we had an earthquake" and he's like "yeah so".

But the funny and stupid thing is that for over 2 hours and through my show Guiding Light, all the idiotic reporters on all the idiotic news shows did was talk about the 4.9 earthquake! Now let me say that again - it was a 4.9! Nothing spectacular for California. I mean seriously I have felt a dozen of these earthquakes in the 7 years that I have lived here. Nothing big. I mean Sunday's earthquake was bigger - it was a 5.6! But the way the stupid news on all the channels were going on and on and on, you would have thought the big one had hit. They literally had some reporter standing in Walmart showing how they had items fall off the shelves - Gasp the horror of it all! Stupid Stupid Stupid. I missed my Guiding Light for this?

No comments: