Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Girls Night Out

Laura and I ditched Jack and Daddy tonight and went to see the movie Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I just want to say that was an amazing movie and one of the best I have seen in a long time. (Well thats not hard seeing as I have now seen all of 3 movies in the theatre since Jack was born). But I highly recommend it. Of course it is a total chick flick, so grab your girlfriends or your daughter and go see it. At one point Laura whispers to me "I am starting to tear up" and I whisper back "me too". Not only was it a good movie, but it was nice to get out and do some bonding with Laura away from the boys.

And the boys fared just fine without us. Jim took care of Jack very well. He gave him his medicine at the right time and put him down, but unfortunately the boy slept for 4 hours this afternoon after we came home from the hospital so he did not want to go down for nite nite. I just put him down again, but I am hearing him in there babbling and stirring so according to my calculations, I have about 2.4 minutes before he either starts screaming or falls off into a nice sleep. We'll see which one it is.

He is feeling better I can tell. His fever is down and he is starting to get his color back. He looked so pale earlier. He has my coloring which is very fair, but when he gets sick, he can look very ghostly. But I think the antibiotics are kicking in already and hopefully we will have our Jackaroo back.

Of course I came home totally missing him from being away from him for 4 hours. It was a nice break to get away, but I couldn't wait to get back to him. When I came through the door, he just lit up and came running to me with his arms open. Ahhh that just melts the heart instantly. Then we played on the floor for a bit and he kept coming up to me over and over and planting kisses on me. Geesh maybe I should go out more if that is the treatment I get when I get home huh?

Ahh well he's still stirring but no screaming. So the jury is still out as to whether I can safely go to bed or not.

No comments: