Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Chiropractor Heaven

I went to the Chiropractor today. I haven't been to a Chiropractor in about 5 or 6 years. I figured why not use some our insurance that does provide the chiropractic benefits. And let me tell you, I walked out of there feeling sooooo much better. It is amazing how good a chiro can make you feel. I also learned a whole lot today.

He took about 45 minutes to exam me. He was having me turn this way and that way. At one point he kinda laughed under his breath. I said to him "am I that bad?" and he just said "you need work".

What I found very interesting was what he said about pregnancy. I told him that I gave birth 16 months ago and I haven't felt like my old pre-pregnancy self since. He said that during pregnancy, we release these hormones that make our ligments flexible so that we are able to push out the watermelon out the hole a size of a dime. And after we give birth, these hormones are suddenly gone and a lot of times, our bodies are kinda thwacked and don't go back to where they were. Makes sense in a reason why I am not the same. Not to mention the extra pounds that I didn't have before (damnit).

Then he did the treatment. He hooked me up to the stimulation machine for about 20 minutes and I love that. It feels so good. Then came the cracking and adjusting which is just plain weird I think.

So because of the "a lot of work" that I have to do, I have to go 3 times a week for a couple of weeks. But I gotta tell you, I feel sooooo much better. Maybe just maybe I will get back to feeling pre-pregnancy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I am the same way! I went for treatment both during and after pregnancy. It really helped, but I am still not the same. I am 16 mo pp and 4 mo pp though, so I think I basically killed my body! Hopefully time will ease all pain!