Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, July 22, 2005

Forgot to add this earlier

We were driving to Soak City earlier and we doing our usual counting with Jack. I would always say "One" and he would say "two" and "threeeeee". But today Laura kept going and said "four" and what did the kid say? He continued and actually said "five" and proceeded to count all the way to ten! Now if somebody had told me that my 16-month-old son could actually count, I would never had believed anybody of this information. But we were all sitting in the car with our mouths open and totally stunned and speechless. It was amazing. And I am still stunned and speechless about the whole thing. I really don't know where he learned this incredible feat. My guess is either the kid has been really paying attention to all those Sesame Street shows that we watch, or his daycare provider Pat has been teaching him. She does pride herself in knowing that all her kids know how to write and read by the time they go to kindergarten. Either that or I have the next Einstein on my hands. Who knew he could count to ten?

No comments: