Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Happy July 4th Weekend

I hope that everybody is having a good holiday weekend. Well those in the US that is. And a good weekend to Liesl and any other good people from Canada who are reading this blog right now.

We are not doing anything special this weekend. Jim has to work all weekend, even on the 4th. Gotta love law enforcement, no weekends, no holidays. Between his schedule and my schedule, our next day off together is on the 22nd of this month! We should really be planning something big you would think.

So it is just me and Jack for most of this weekend. Laura is at her grandparent's house for the weekend. Yesterday, we went to Target mainly to get a new baby gift for our neighbor. Congratulations Joe and Lydia on the birth of their 3rd child - Joey Evan. The stats came from big sister Breanna who said he was "8lbs something" and didn't know the inches. She was less than thrilled about the diaper changes . And I guess her little brother Alex is not liking not being the baby anymore now that he's the middle child. But Jack has a future playmate in the neighborhood.

Anyway, back to Target. Like I said, main goal was to get the gift for little Joey. But of course as I usually do in Target, I got carried away. Jack got new bath toys, new sippy cups, new shirt that I couldn't resist. Oh yeah, he also got a new backpack so that he can be a cool kid at daycare and not have a big old ugly diaper bag anymore. It is so cute and he is so cute wearing it. But how is it that no matter how small the item you went into that store looking for, you end up spending $100? I just don't get it.

I was going to go to the Sprint store to look at a new cell phone yesterday since my 3-year-old cell phone can't keep a charge for a day anymore. But Mr. Grouchy Pants nixed that whole idea. He ended up falling asleep in the 15-minute drive home and then when we got home, thought that was enough nap for the entire day. That is not fair! I was so looking forward to him taking a 2-hour nap so that I could get stuff done. But nope, we ended up playing with the blocks, the book that goes buzz buzz, and every other conceivable toy he has in this house. It was a lonnnnngggg time until Daddy came home, which was made even longer by the phone call at 3:30, the time he should be home, saying that he was just now leaving work.

Oh yeah, I have a question of my readers? What is a really good male cat name? We are trying to come up with a new name for our kitten who turned out to be a boy. According to Jim, Sassy just doesn't work. I think it describes him to a T, but I guess it is too female sounding. I am coming up with a blank. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oooohhh, I like Havock. Good one Liesl.