Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Errands and Errands

Errand day. That is today. Jack and I went to get my car an oil change and car wash. Big excitement there. But Jack really really liked watching the cars go by getting washed. He's been there a couple times before, but I think this was the first time that he really got into watching the cars. He started jabbering away when they got all soapy. Not sure what he was saying, but he sure thought it was neat.

I also made the mistake of getting him some yogurt covered pretzels. Big mistake. First of all he tried to put 2 of them in his mouth at once and when he realized that it was a bit much, he took them out and proceeded to hand the slimy, gooey mess to me. Thanks Jack. And at this point there was white yogurt all over him, the chair he was sitting on, and me. Yeah no more of those.

Then we went to Costco. I made the mistake of going to Costco when I am feeling rich because we didnt have to make a mortgage payment this month = extra cash. Yeeeaah Costco is not a safe place in that mind frame. I ended up only $264 poorer (only). And really the only thing I splurged on was a case of red bull for me (love that stuff, but it has to be sugar free) at the tune of $31. Also Jack got a couple of books and a pair of jammies. He also got the big jar of alphabet cookies which I had to open and give him some to sooth the monster. But the other stuff was just household necessities. $264 - Yikes!

I rushed home. I mean I broke all kinds of speed laws because Jack fell asleep in the backseat on the way home. Costco is about 20-30 minutes from home and in the past few times he has fallen asleep in the car for 20 minutes and that has been it for a nap for the day. I really tried to keep him awake until we got home because I need him to take that nap. Do you have any idea how incredibly hard it is to put away a Costco trip of stuff with a toddler around? Solving world peace might be easier. But at this moment he is babbling in his crib and that means the nap thing is a no-go. Oh Yay.

1 comment:

-LGirl- said...

I call Costco the $300. store.