Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, July 25, 2005

I'm a very tired Lobster

This was a very very busy weekend. Jim was home, which was an unusual occurence in itself. So we did the Southern California park thing. Friday, we went to Soak City. It was a lot of fun. Great way to cool off. Except I got a bit sunburned. When I say a bit, I mean my back is glowing neon bright enough for satelites to see from space. Yeah that much.

Then yesterday, we went to Sea World in San Diego. Part of the reason we went there was again to beat the heat. San Diego is sooooo much cooler than where we live. It was amazing in the hour it took to drive there, I kept watching the temperature gauge in the car just slowly descend into the mid 70's. Ahh nice. It started out at 91 where we live and it was 8:30 in the morning!

So we had a good time at Sea World. We saw the Shamu show. Jack was clapping. Jack really liked the Beluga Whales up close and personal. But the highlight of the day was at the playland area for kids. There was a great area with mats and climbing tunnels and water jets to run through, and a place with a whole bunch of sand. Laura had fun climbing through the tunnels, while Jack had fun in the toddler area. A place just for those under 37 inches (it was even posted nobody under 37" allowed). It was a giant squishy mat where the toddlers just roamed and jumped and rolled. Jack was out there in the middle of them all. And what was really funny was to see all the parents just sitting on the side looking totally exhausted and drained and praying to the Toddler God thanking them for this area where their little balls of energy could be worn down.

So here it is Monday morning. I am at work feeling exhausted and very lobsterish. Because yesterday at Sea World only added to the glowing neon sunburn that I had. It is going to be a slow day at work. I am the only one in the office today since the rest of the staff is at a trade show in Vegas. Yay. I can pretty much surf the internet and relax today with No Boss.

I took a ton of pictures yesterday at Sea World and will post them when I get home tonight.

No comments: