Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 10, 2005

He must look like his father


That is the unsolicited comment that I received from some lady at Costco yesterday while she was comparing me to my son. And while, yes, Jack is the spitting image of Jim and has pretty much of nothing from me lookswise, I took offense at that comment. Am I just being being overly sensitive, or was that a rude comment? Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that he looks so much like his father and he received his father's good looks. But at the same time, I don't enjoy total strangers to point it out to me again and again. But as Pat, Jack's daycare lady, has said to me many times, Jack received my good-natured. Little does she know, that Jack actually received that from his father also. If she knew me as a child and saw my temper, she would not be saying that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I had a lady say that to me once! It IS offensive! (not to mention, Benjamin is my CLONE, so she was just insane!) But really... it's RUDE.