Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Apples, Puzzles, and Happy Cups!

Apple is the word of the day, or even the week. Jack loves saying the word apple. He really wants to say it right and you can see his little face scrunch up with concentration as he is forming the word. Ahhh Ahhh Ahhhpppuulll. At first it sounds like he is stuttering, but it is a bit too soon to be worried about that isn't it Jane? Anyway, the boy is saying Apple about 563 times a day. It is cute, but okay lets move on to another word already!

We bought one of those wood puzzles with the pictures on the pieces and underneath. Of course the one we bought has pictures of tractors - go figure, eh? I just have to say that Jack amazes me how fast he can put the pieces back together. When he puts a piece in correctly he will say "go there" more to himself than anybody else. And when it is all finished he will look up at me with a huge smile, clap his hands, and yell "Yay!". Such a smart boy!

Oh yeah and when I picked him up from his weekly daycare day, he handed me a big shiny star that he had made for the Christmas tree. You could just see how proud he was of himself. And of course I made a huge deal about putting it on the tree right in front where you could see it. At which point, he started clapping and yelling "Yay!"

Someone made a comment to me recently saying that their grandchildren "fill up their happy cup". That is exactly what Jack does for me every single day. My happy cup is pretty full to begin with, but he just pushes it over to spilling out!

No comments: