Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, December 02, 2005

Hair Stylist and Makeup Artist Anyone?

Because that is what I seriously need folks. Not for myself. Well now that I think of it, I suppose I could use a hair stylist and makeup artist for myself. And that is the very reason why I NEED these type of talented people this weekend. Because I don't have the foggiest notion what I am doing and I have to do Laura's hair and makeup for her cheerleading competition on Sunday! And let me tell you, it is not just put your hair in a pony tale and go. Oh no, no, no. Here let me read the official "hairdo" description that is required. "Parted over left eye, sweep both sides into small pony (at the hair line-neck). Put the remainder into high ponytail - 2 inches south of left eye part. Straight hair and curl the ends up!" UMMMMM. Folks I am at a loss here. I went to their hair and makeup training session the other night and the girl who knew what she was doing took a good 20-30 minutes to demonstrate how to do this! I am so not the person for this. If I take 5 minutes to blow my hair dry in no particular order, I am doing good. THIS. This is stuff for professionals!

Oh and her makeup! Oh My Gosh. People, we are talking bright orange eye shadow with red glitter and blue eyeliner! You can see this stuff a mile away. These girls who are 9 and 10 years old should not be looking like hookers in my opinion. And not to mention, I have to "apply" this makeup. I have trouble with my own makeup! I have never mastered the art of makeup and now I have to do THIS.

I have never been really girly girly as far as hair and makeup. Partly because I have this unbelievably curly hair that refuses to do much of anything, so I just let it do what it wants most days. And the makeup, that has always baffled me. I was watching Oprah a couple of weeks ago and she was giving makeup lessons and I remember her saying that you need two lip colors to make a really good lip! Hell, if I get one on my lips, I think I am styling!

Laura is so screwed!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I don't understand that hairdo at all! I would LOVE to see a picture when you get it up. Wow....poor girl....what strict requirements!!

Anonymous said...

Um, that hair description confused the hell out of me. Definitely post a pic when it's done cause I'd love to see what the hell they're talking about!!

Jack's Mom said...

LOL guys! I know it is a really complicated hairdo. We are going to do a practice run today with the whole hair, makeup, make sure uniform fits and everything. I'll take pictures of her. I am hoping I can do this because tomorrow morning, it has to be done by 7 am!