Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Well Laid Plans

Gone Awry. I got a phone call this morning, just as I was about to walk out the door, from Jack's daycare provider saying that she was sick and couldn't take him today. She seriously sounded bad, very bad, and I hope she gets better soon. There is something bad going around and I hope it doesn't come into the Jackaroo World house, although I am sure it will.

But can I just say WAAAAAAAHHHHH to not having the weekly daycare day? I have so much to do today and have this list of stuff that I needed to get done and now I have Jack in tow also. And combine that with the required naptime around noon, means that I won't be getting my full list done today.

And that means I won't have a Jack-free day until January! I love him to death, but I really love the weekly Jack-free 8 hours also.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I know what you are saying. Brandon's daycare was planning a Parent's Day Out last Saturday from 9am - 2pm. I was planning to get LOTS of shopping and stuff done. Then they called me Friday afternoon and said it was cancelled because not enough people signed up. So I felt like I was being a bad mom for wanting to take my son to daycare on a Saturday since no one else was doing it. Then I realized they all probably have family to help them out on weekends!

RB said...

Ack! I bet you do love that. I would also love that day Carolyn's daycare has. Carolyn, I would have signed up with you! Its not like we are goofing off during the week and dumping our kids there so we can shop! Shopping needs a day of its own.