Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, December 09, 2005

Play Date!

We have our first official play date today at a nearby park. According to the website, there are 7 other Mommies scheduled to be there with their little ones today. Unfortunately, it is during Jack's usual naptime at 11, so we shall see how that goes. I am hoping he will be so excited about being at the park and playing with the other kids that he won't notice that naptime is being delayed a bit. If I am not a dork, I will take the camera and post pics of the outing.

We also are getting the coffee table today. I think I have decided that I like the sofa table and am keeping it also. I think it adds a little bit of class to this toddler-toy-magnet house.

And in the latest bit of news, we are now a WiFi house! Yippee! Yay! Mommy can blog on the laptop in bed if I want to, not that I will get a chance to do that, but the technology is there if the opportunity ever does arise! I hired the Geek Squad (yeah those guys in the black and white VW bugs) and a very nice man came to the house last night. Poor guy, what could go wrong did go wrong. Our other desktop, the old one, was so infected with viruses that he spent an hour and a half getting it healthy again and didn't charge me the extra $ for that service. Did I say that he was a nice man? And then the router that I bought was defective and he figured that out after spending an hour trying to get it to work. Luckily he had another one in the black&white bug. So after all that, and four hours later, we now have two desktops and a laptop on our wonderful wireless network. We are now one of the cool, hip people, well sorta anyway.

And part of the reason why Nice Man was here for so long was because of Jack. Jack just HAD to show Nice Man every single toy and book he owns. And then he literally dragged Nice Man into the living room to watch the choo choo train go around the christmas tree. Then the kid even danced for Nice Man. And when it was time for Jack to go sleepies, Jack walked up to Nice Man and gave him a hug and kiss. That is my boy, spreading love and good will among men, including Geek Squad guys.

No comments: