Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Voila!


The furniture arrived today. Of course there was a mixup. We ordered the coffee table to go with the end tables, but instead of the coffee table, they sent us the sofa table. I even remember asking the ditzy sales lady about that when I saw the words "sofa table" on the receipt. She assured me that was their term for coffee table. Ummm-NOT. So we won't get our coffee table until next Friday. And now that we have the sofa table, I am really liking it, but I don't have a place to put it. See below for pictures of where it is at the present time and tell me that it looks stupid there in the middle of the hallway. Such decisions! It is so hard! Geesh, who knew that one little sofa table would cause so much indecision!



The new table. I love the pub height. The table came with the leaf in the middle and let me tell you, it took Jim and I like 30 minutes to figure out how to get that leaf out of the table! And here I thought we were fairly intelligent people!

We also got rid of the booster chair that hooked onto the table. Jack now sits on a stool and he just thinks he is a big boy for doing that.



So now I need advice from all the internet. Since we got the sofa table instead of the requested coffee table, we have for the time being put the sofa table in the hallway. At first I did not like it at all there because it takes up half the hall. But now I am liking it more and more. I think I may just be trying to come up with an excuse for keeping this beautiful sofa table, because I really don't have any other place to put it. Besides it is an extra $250 which we shouldn't be spending. But what do you think of the table in the hall. Stupid looking? Or not? See, I can put my pretty silk flowers on it and everything! But there is the fact that it takes up half the hallway and with Jack around, might not be a good idea. So it will probably be going back to the store, but I sure like it.















So that was my day. I don't think I have bought new furniture in five or six years. It is just sooo much fun. It totally makes your day! Who needs prozac? Just buy new furniture, I tell ya.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Dawn, I really like the sofa table there! You'll get used to the space it takes up. But it really makes the hallway look more "finished" (or balanced or something... I can't figure out the "Trading Spaces" word I'm looking for... Anyway, I like it! I vote keep it. ;)

Mrs. Flinger said...

WOW! ou have great taste in furniture!! We're talking about a major overhaul here as well, but I'm SURE it'll be IKEA. It's all we can afford that's decent. :-)

Jack's Mom said...

Thanks Mrs. Flinger! Actually the only way we could afford this was we got the interest free financing until 2010! I figure in 4 years I can pay it off.

Yeah Erin, I am liking it more and more in the hallway. It is on the borderline of bugging me because it takes up too much space and really liking it. I have until Monday to make up my mind. We'll see!