Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Toddler Heaven

AKA My Gym. Jack and I went for our free class today. To say that Jack enjoyed it would be the understatement of the year. The kid went nutso. When we first got there, there is like 15 minutes of free play time where the toddlers run all over climbing on the big mat things, climbing the ladders to either slide down slides or jump in the big pit of balls. There are tunnels and balls and oh my gosh so much fun stuff. Jack just kept running from one thing to another and shouting at the top of his lungs. I think he was saying something like "AAAAAAAAAAA".

Then it was time for the get-in-a-big-circle-and-sing-songs time. So all the other parents and their 2-year-olds got in the circle and their precious little toddlers sat on their laps and did what they were supposed to. Jack? Um that would be a negative. No he was bound and determined to go back to playing on the equipment or else! So during the "wake-up" song where all the other kids were stretching high in the air and dancing in place, Jack was making his way up the ladder to jump in the ball pit. I guess he isn't much of a joiner, huh?

But he REALLY liked the part where each kid got to take a turn on the "flying spaceship". It was a swing that was hooked to a rope that went across the length of the room and they pushed the kids on it and they went flying to the other end. Oh yeah he loved that and couldn't stop giggling the entire ride. They also had him do some forward rolls (or somersaults as I call them), log rolls, and back flips. He, again, was giggling through the whole thing. Loved It!

I signed him up for the class starting in January. Every Tuesday. I really think it will be good for him and I can see where it will give him self-confidence to do some of the scarier things. And not to mention the interaction with other kids. At one point they have all the parents get off the floor and just watch their kids play. They call it "Separation Time". That was fun to watch Jack run all over. They had the ride-on cars and he was playing bumper cars with the other kids. I don't think he even realized I wasn't there.

We went to the mall afterwards. I had to pick up our pictures from Sears. I actually tried to do the remaining couple of gift shopping, but Jack just wasn't gonna have anything to do with that. He was tired and I couldn't think with him constantly trying to get out of the stroller. So tomorrow is the day I will finish up the last of the shopping when he is at his weekly daycare day.

And now he is napping and I am thinking that is sounding good for myself. Phew, the My Gym and the mall experience kinda wore me out also!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ben is like that during circle-time at Gymboree. There are a few others who run off too. As we have gone week after week though, he gets what is going on more and more and doesn't run off as much! JAck will probably do the same. I'm so glad the teachers are so understanding about it though... they really don't care if the kids run in all different directions.