Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, December 03, 2005

The Longest Parade In History

Seriously people, the parade we went to last night was the longest ever. It was supposed to start at 7, but you know how that goes, it didn't really start until 7:30. There were 93 floats and Laura's cheer float was number 88!!! Oh yeah and they counted the boy scouts as one, but in reality they were like 35 because every single cub scout troop in the country had to pass by. Then there was all the stupid city government officials and their assistants and their assistants had their own fancy car to ride in. I do have to admit that for the first 30 minutes or so, I did think it was fun. It was cute seeing all the little guys in their cub scout uniform pass by wearing lights and some were riding scooters - cute. I am sure we will have to go to the parade when Jack is in cub scouts.

Even Jack got into the parade. He was content to just sit in his stroller and watch and he would cheer and clap. He really got excited when the fire trucks went by. I thought that the kid was gonna jump right out of his stroller and go hug a fire truck. And boy did he like the little junior (like ages 4 or 5) cheerleaders all in red and marching so cute. He sure likes the girls!

But that was the first 30 minutes. The remaining TWO HOURS, I was miserable. I was cold, tired, and Jack was getting fussy and didn't want to sit in the stroller any longer. The hat and gloves I bought for him were a constant struggle to keep them on. I just gave it up and said fine - have cold ears and hands. At one point, I just kinda sat down on the sidewalk and I think I nodded off for a minute or two. Oh yeah and by the time Laura's float did finally come by and we cheered and all, there were like 23 people left watching the stupid parade. Jim and I were so tired that we started to giggle as we were watching people leaving in mass exodus, because THEIR child had already gone by. We were so jealous of those lucky people who could go back to the warm car and go home while we were standing with the other 23 people waiting for the Pacific Coast Cheer float to come by. Yay!

We did finally get home about 11 and we all kinda collapsed. So we have a lazy day planned here in the Jackaroo World. The most ambitious thing I want to do is practice doing Laura's hair and makeup. That should take about 5 hours or so. I'll post pictures if I somewhat succeed.

No comments: