Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Park Playdate

Jack and I had our first playdate with the playgroup that I found on the internet. Jack had loads of fun. He loved playing on the play equipment, especially the slides. He can now climb the steps and crawl through the tunnels to get to all the various slides. Oh yeah and he made the requisite "weeeeee" sound when he went down the slides. And the swing? The kid just giggled the entire time he was on the swing. Yeah Jack had a great time.

However, Mommy did not make any Mommy connection to any of the other Mommy's. They were sooooo unfriendly. When I got there, I walked up and said "Are you the Temecula Mommies?" and they barely could look up to say yes. I introduced myself and all they said was "Hi". No introductions from them. They were also about 15-20 years younger than me. Again pointing out the fact that I am an older Mommy. I also could not believe that they were not watching their kids. There was one little girl who was maybe a year old and I have no idea who she belonged to. She roamed all over by herself, even way out into the soccer field that was nearby with no parent even close by. Then when I was leaving, she was over by the parking lot by the drinking fountain yelling across the field to her mother. I just couldn't believe it. I was half tempted to call CPS!

So not sure I will try another playdate. I might try it one more time, but if the same thing happens, then Jack and I will just do our own thing and go to parks with no playdate scheduled.

Oh yeah and to all of you snow bound. It was in the mid 70s and bright and sunny. California is good for something, not much, but the weather is pretty nice.



4 comments:

Mrs. Flinger said...

HA! That's hilarious since I just read your comment on my post. Timely, hu? At first I thought, Wait! Was that Dawn? Oh, no, that chick had two babies, both girls and was a total snot. That was NOT Dawn" lol

Girlie, you're my kind of gal. It's so hard finding mommy people IN PERSON to hang out with. Sucks that we have such a great Internet group but the babies never get to play. *sigh* Come to Seattle in March! 'K?

Jack's Mom said...

Oh my gosh, I would LOVE to meet all the bloggy Mommies. It would be so much fun and Mrs Flinger, you can add me to the Seattle thing if it is late March. I used to live there and it would be so much fun.

And yes I realize now that I should have said something to the super bitches about the little girl roaming around. It was not her fault that her mother is a bitch. I thought about that driving home and I hope that little girl is safe!

Anonymous said...

I definitely would NOT return to that play group. What kind of group doesn't talk to newbies, watch their kids, etc.? Talk about rude.

-LGirl- said...

So sorry. The NS Mommies would be nice to you but it's cold and a bit trip for a day at the park!