Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Peeesssseeee

We have been trying to teach manners to the Jackaroo. He says thank you over and over again when you give him something. And when I say "you're welcome" he will copy me and say "come" at the same time. He had that down pat.

So then we moved on to please. At first he would be very stubborn and not say please when we wanted him to. He would shake his head stubbornly and look at me very defiantly. But being the smart boy that he is, he soon realized that he wasn't getting the orange or whatever treat that he wanted at the time. So he started to say "pees" and I would reward him. Clap my hands and make a big deal out of saying the word.

But now? He uses it ALLL the time. Even times when I can't or won't give him the thing he wants. Like a treat 5 minutes before dinner. Or yesterday when I was driving down the freeway and he threw his stuffed dog (which is now named foofoo. Don't ask why. I have no idea where that came from) on the floor and couldn't reach it. So for the next 20 minutes he said "pees" over and over and louder and louder in his little squeaky, adorable voice of his. It pretty much broke my heart that I couldn't reach the dog for him and drive down the road safely at 70mph. So I guess that is a hard lesson we all have to learn in life. Just because you say PLEASE doesn't mean you are going to get what you want.

No comments: