Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, November 07, 2005

Another Day Down and New Furniture!

Today was another day done at work. I only have 5 more days left until I am out of there! I am sooooooo ready to just leave all that stress and problems and walk away. I had another lady I work with tell me in so many words that she thought that was unprofessional and that I should care more. Excuse me? I gave a 4.5 week notice, and THAT is unprofessional. Whatever. I am just counting the hours until I am out of there. Even if we figure out that I need to start earning money down the road, I just DO NOT want to work there anymore. There are a lot more jobs out there with a lot less stress. One of the great things about accounting jobs - every business needs one. HA!

So yesterday, we did something that I am SOOO excited about. We bought new furniture!!!! I had gone into the furniture store looking at tables because our kitchen table is really on its last legs (literally). And with all the family we have coming for Christmas, well I thought we needed a new one. So I found a perfect one for our kitchen. It is one of those pub height tables with the bar stool height chairs around it. And it matches our cabinets to a T. So while we were there, the sales lady told us about their interest-free until 2010! Yeah 5 years from now. Interest Free! Yeah that got this accountant's brain working and before you know it, we are picking out a whole new family room! Yep not only did we get the table, we got a new sofa, loveseat, recliner, coffee table, and 2 end tables. BUT we have FIVE years to pay it off at no interest! It is being delivered on Dec. 1 and I can. not. wait. I don't think I have been that excited about buying anything since um, gee I don't know when. Oh yeah, anybody know anybody who wants a sectional couch with recliner that has been spit up on, and scratched to death from cats, and you don't want to know what the dogs did to it. Yuck.

1 comment:

Erin said...

New furniture is so exciting!! Be sure and post some pics when it comes in!! :)