Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, November 21, 2005

Flat Tires and Target

Jim's car had a flat tire. I am the one who probably picked up the nail that did in the tire. I am REALLY good at finding stray nails and running over them. I took his car to the movies on Saturday, and Sunday there was a flat tire. So yep probably me. Anyway, Jim took my Rav 4 to work today and I went to get the tire fixed. It was easy enough, except for the fact that I had Jack, the Grumpiest Toddler on the Block. I got that book The Happiest Toddler on the Block. It ain't working folks. So there we were waiting for the tire to get finished and Jack decided that the chairs needed to be rearranged to HIS liking. It didn't matter if there was an elderly gentleman sitting in that chair. No, he still tried to move the chair. Oh and when I told him NO, the tantrum that followed had me biting my tongue and begging for patience. The whole thing only took about 15 minutes, but I swear time slowed down and it really was an hour!

Then we went to Target, the place of all things good. Jim actually told me yesterday to go to Target to get him some underwear. Note - the mission was to get Jim a package of underwear. HA! I came out over $100 poorer and yes Jim got new underwear in case you were worried. But I figure why not get me a new belt to wear in our family pictures we are taking next weekend. Oh yeah and had to get Jack a new Christmas dressy outfit (a vest sweater with trains on it of course), and since everybody has em, some new slippers for Jack. Both Ben and Connor have them, so Jack couldn't be left out ya know. Oh yeah, Jack's are Thomas slippers, of course! Also got the fun stuff like diapers and stuff. Gotta love Target.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Target is one of those places that you just can't go in and get one thing. You must spend money. I could kick myself every time I'm in there.