Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Hottest In The Nation!

That was us yesterday. I just saw on the news that yesterday, Nov 1, we were the hottest in the nation at 96 degrees! Good grief! The Santa Ana winds were up and totally warmed this place up. We are going to get down right cold today - all the way down to 80! Get your turtlenecks out and long johns! I do miss the fall weather. The crisp cool weather. I just don't miss the snow and down right bone-chilling winter weather.

Jack is still pretty sick. We stayed in yesterday. Jim didn't have to go to work until 11 yesterday, so I took that opportunity to clean up the totally disorganized desk and pay some bills. I also broke down and called the dsl company about our totally slow internet. Of course it was 49 minutes of my life that was a waste. Basically, they could not figure out why our internet speed was at 10% of what it should be. And they are coming to the house on Friday between 8am and 5pm. Nice small window there - 8 HOURS that I can't go anywhere. And I just know they will show up at 4:45pm. I just know it.

The microwave man is showing up today between 1 and 4 pm. So I will have a small window of opportunity to actually get out of the house this morning. I am getting seriously stir-crazy. I haven't been out since Monday after we got home from Jack's doctor. I think a trip to Target this morning is calling me. Of course that is if Jack seems better. He still has a pretty bad cough and it gets worse when he gets excited. He also threw up last night. Love that. There is no warning from him. He was sitting on the couch next to me watching the movie Robots and the next moment, I had lovely puke all over me and the couch. Just a reminder for me NOT to get new furniture.

Oh and what is up with Gilmore Girls last night? A rerun! The season just started and reruns already! What is up with that? Isn't November a sweeps month and the really cool shows are on? I still watched it. I am that addicted to GG!

I have missed work all this week so far. I do plan on going in tomorrow. I kinda have to go in because payroll has to be done by Friday and I am the only one who knows how to do that. I have to train the other girl on how to do payroll. Work is a real sore spot with me right now. My boss, who I am thinking is a total idiot at this point, is not going to replace me for a few months! He thinks that he can just reassign my work to other people or do it himself. I KNOW this is not going to work. Oh and he also thinks that he is going to keep me on the system so I can have access at home and he can call me and ask questions. Yeah he has another think coming because I am so done with that place. I wish I could walk away right now and never look back.

And lastly, I talked to my friend Jamie yesterday and she had her baby girl, Emily Grace (love that name) on Oct 23. It sounds like her birth was REALLY hard and after about 10 hours of hard labor, she ended up having a C-section. By that time, they had given her morphine and she was totally out of it by the time her little girl was born and then she slept the entire first day. She was really bummed about the birth experience because I know she was looking forward to the "magical moment". But in reality, very few of us actually have it. I know I was out of it with a high fever when Jack was born and it wasn't the "magical moment" that I had wanted. But she is trying cope with a newborn as we all have during that first week or month. I told her that when Jack gets better and I am finally unemployed, I would stop over for a visit. I can't wait to see her little girl. Ahh babies. Love em.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

96 degrees in November? That's just depressing!