Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 20, 2005

What do Life Insurance, Harry Potter and Old Furniture Have In Common?

Our day yesterday. You know when you try to cram too many things into one day and you end up saying to yourself "this was one craaazzy day"?

It all started out simple enough. We went out to breakfast at the local restaurant. This place is called "Annie's" and the owner (yep named Annie) is british and very funny. They have these really silly hats that newbies (those who have never been to the restaurant before) have to wear. And she always gets about 5 people to wear these really silly hats. Well the rules are if one people takes their hat off, then everybody has to get up and dance the chicken dance. Of course at some point, she makes sure that somebody loses their hat and the rest of us get entertainment. It is really cute and fun. And the food is good too.

Anyway, after breakfast, Laura and I decided to go see the new Harry Potter movie in the brand new theatre (we were so small town that we didn't have a movie theatre and had to drive 20 miles to get to one. I kinda liked it). Jim and Jack did "guy" things. Whatever they were.

I have to say that the movie was probably the best since the first one and definitely the scariest so far. In fact, Laura pretty much clung to me the entire time and made me suffer with a full bladder for the longest time before she felt safe enough for me to go to the bathroom. And there were a few times she practically jumped out of her seat. I highly recommend it, but the movie isn't for the little kids anymore. Pretty scary stuff for them.

After the movie, we rushed home because the life insurance agent was coming to the house to talk to us about buying life insurance. The agent was actually the agent that we used at my job and I really liked him. But the man can talk and talk and talk. He got here at 2:00 and didn't leave until 5:00. But we are now covered, both of us. All I can say if both of us die, Jack is gonna be financially set.

During the 3 hours that the insurance agent was here, this house became grand central station! Our house is never grand central station, but for some reason for 3 hours yesterday, it became the busiest house in the neighborhood at least! We had a couple stop by and look at our old furniture that we were trying to sell. They took it - Yay! Sad thing is they recently just had a house fire and lost everything. Sad! We also had our neighbors stop by for a visit. Laura and their daughter Breena are good friends and play together a lot, but we usually don't see much of the rest of the family, until yesterday when we were trying to get our butts covered with insurance that is! And then there was Jack who insisted upon bringing me every single one of his toys during the talk. I kept having to get up and attend to the screaming toddler and of course making apologies left and right. I think I might of said the words "He is not usually like that" HA I am gonna go to hell for that lie for sure!

Jim had to leave to take Laura back to her mothers because of a slumber party the girl had to attend last night. He had to leave as soon as the papers were signed. I walked Mr. Talky Talky Agent to the door and said "good bye" and closed the door with relief. Of course Jack is screaming at the top of his lungs because Daddy and Sissy just up and left him. He was feeling needy - I was feeling exhausted. I heard the car in the garage, so I opened up the door and what do I see? Mr. Talky Talky Agent talking to Jim about how amazing our garage is! Does the man never leave?

So let me sum it up for you - 1 screaming toddler, 1 agent who will not shut up and leave and 1 getting-pissed-off husband because he knows he is going to get an earful from his ex-wife for being late, who by the way called in her oh-so lovely way (insert sarcasm here) to see if Jim was on his way.

We went out to dinner and for the first time in a very long time, was craving any kind of alcohol! I didn't get any, but it sure crossed my mind. But what we did get instead - a banana split! We shared it and Jack took most of it. The boy stole my spoon from me - took it right out of my hand and dug in. He thought he had died and gone to heaven. His two favorite foods - bananas and ice cream in one dish! So it was a sweet ending to one craaaazzzyyy day.

No comments: