Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, November 28, 2005

The Weekend is Over Already?

This weekend was super-duper fast. We were busy putting up the Christmas tree and lights outside. Since we were totally guilted by our neighbors last year, we decided to hang some lights outside. We were like the only house on the street that didn't have lights, so instead of being the scrooges of the block, we decided to conform. However, there was a big BUT involved. The lights we bought could not connect to each other. There was only one plug on one end. So therefore we need to run extension cords all over the place, or go get new lights that actually connect. And I guess we should have measured our house because we don't have enough to do the whole front of the house. We bought 150' of lights, you would think that would be enough, but we have a very long ranch type house, so nope not enough. So off to the store I go today trying to find more lights. Yeeeaaahhhh, this is the part of Christmas you just love isn't it?

Below are pictures of Jim and Jack playing with the choo-choo train we always have under our Christmas tree. And yes, we had this before Jack came along, so we didn't just buy it for the choo-choo crazed toddler. I also posted a video of the toddler delight at the choo-choo. Pretty cute.

Yesterday we went to have our family pictures taken at Sears. We decided, actually Laura decided, that we all wear white shirts and blue jeans this year. Jack's little white shirt would not stay tucked in because his jeans are so big on him around the waist, but the length is perfect - skinny little kid that he is.

Of course we had to wait like an hour for our turn in front of the camera. I was praying that Jack would not get into anything too incredibly dirty before picture time. He was having fun playing with the beads-on-a-wire toy with the other kids. It was fun seeing the interaction of toddlers. It really is an age of "mine mine mine". It was also fun watching the mothers freak out about their little angels messing up their perfect hair and clothes. Hehe.

So now it is back to Monday and I am so enjoying NOT having to go to work. Even though I have a day of cleaning, running errands, and making phone calls, I LOVE IT! When exactly did I have time to work?!?

I also have started the exercise video thing. I am REALLY liking the Yoga video I bought. It is for beginners and is only 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the evening. It really does help you get going in the morning. I have to admit, I have only done it once at night. I also am doing the Richard Simmons video and that is really fun also. I hope to keep it up. After all that is the key to exercise regime isn't it? Keeping it up.




My two boys playing with the Christmas tree choo choo train.



The boy and his choo choo wearing, of course, his Thomas slippers.

No comments: