Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 05, 2005

TWENTY MONTHS!!

Is it really possible that it has been TWENTY months since Jack was born? I guess it is no longer appropriate to call him by his month age. I mean 20 months sounds pretty stupid when describing his age. So from now on, he is "almost 2". OH MY GOD, he is ALMOST TWO! Wow time does fly after you have kids.

So since he is 20 months today, I thought that I would talk a little bit about what he has been doing lately.

**His newest passion is trains, or choo-choos as he calls them. Both Jim and I have scoured the internet looking for video clips of trains for Jack to watch on the computer. He will sit on our laps and watch choo-choos. He even says "choo-choo, chugga chugga chug" while doing it.

**I am pretty sure that our Christmas gift to him is going to be a big hit. We bought him a wooden train set and Thomas tanks to go with it. The reason I know this is because yesterday we went to Barnes & Nobel where they have a Thomas train setup. In fact, the kid remembered this and said "choo-choo" as we were walking in the door. So I went and picked up some books to look at and then went over to the choo-choo place and let Jack play. He played with that for a full hour while I sat and read. I do not think he has EVER played with anything for a full hour. Oh yeah and the temper tantrum and screaming that the poor patrons of B&N had to endure as I dragged the boy out of the store was of epic proportions.

**Another of his favorite toys in the house is the laundry basket. He will pile all his stuff animals in the basket and then climb in and say "choo-choo". Which in Jack-speak means he wants us to push him all over the house in the basket. Thank goodness Jim devised a handle out of one of his belts, so now I just pull him and 3000 stuffed animals around the house. Problem is, he never wants to quit and can keep going forever.

**As I mentioned before, he is talking more and more. It really is fun to see him opening up and being able to communicate with us.

**He loves music. Any type of music is fine with him. It doesn't matter if it is just a jingle on a commercial or a Pink Floyd song, the kid will dance to anything. He is so funny when he "dances". His form of dancing is basically bending his knees over and over and bobbing his head. I call it "white baby dancing". It is so cute and I have tried to get it on video several times, but every time I bring out the camera, he stops and grabs at the camera.

To my talking, dancing, choo-choo loving little guy - Happy Almost 2 Birthday!

5 comments:

-LGirl- said...

Almost 2 Yikes! I just stick with 18 months ! LOL it makes her looks super smart!LOL! but I can't bring myself to say almost two. Boooo Hooo...

Marty said...

I think the rule is once the kid turns 2 you can't say his age in months anymore, because according to Bill Maher it's just bleeping stupid to say a kid is 27 months, he's two. So you're okay for now.

Anonymous said...

Happy 20 months. It's funny you wrote about the month/age thing because the hubs and I were just talking about this the other day. We agreed to say was almost 2!! Too funny.

Claire said...

Have you tried looking at the Thomas the Tank Engine website with him? Isaac made me play there with him for A WHOLE HOUR when we first discovered it -- in the end I had to call it quits, in spite of the whining, because my butt hurt too bad to continue. Here's the link: http://www.hitentertainment.com/thomasandfriends/usa/homepage.html

Claire said...

whoops: try clicking this instead