Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, November 18, 2005

What is up with this weather?

Okay, I know that a lot of you out there are in places where it is not sunny and 80 degrees. Sorry. But we here in Southern California have had the most amazing weather lately. Jack and I just got back from a walk and we were both wearing shorts! In fact, I had to dig out one of his only two pair of shorts that actually still fit him from the summer. While we were walking today, one of the houses we walked by had their sprinklers going. Of course Jack + sprinklers are like magnets. He can not just pass by. Nope, he has to go put his hand in the water and laugh and giggle and pretty soon his feet and legs are in on the sprinkler action as well. It was so warm, I have to admit that it actually looked like fun to run through the sprinklers.

A funny thing happened this morning. I decided to wash a couple of Jack's stuffed animals because they were down right gross. Well Jack caught me putting Doggie in the dryer! He pulled Doggie out of the dryer while I was digging out the rest of the clothes from the washer. I told him that Doggie needed to get dry and took the animal and put him back in the dryer and closed the door and turned it on. Oh My GOD! The look of absolute fright on my child's face was priceless. He thought for sure Doggie was a dead doggie. And the screaming that came after holding his breath for about 10 seconds was astronomical! I was seriously trying not to laugh because I know that it was a very traumatic moment for him, but it was soooo funny. I did open the dryer back up and let Jack dig out Doggie and "rescue" him from certain death. And after that, Jack was NOT letting Doggie out of his sight. In fact, Doggie HAD to come with us on our walk today. And yep, Doggie got to "run" through the sprinkler also.

No comments: